Contemporary Swiss Air Force aircraft 1945 - 1960
1945 - The year World War II ended
When World War II ended in 1945, the Swiss AF front-line aircraft all had the so called Neutrality markings applied, which consisted of red/white bands around fuselage and wings as seen below:
Dh-100 Mk. 1's J-1001 and J-1002 at Hatfield, England, prior to delivery to the Swiss Air Force
C-3604 at Dübendorf Airfield
Dh-100 Vampire J-1003, the only Mk. 1 received and operated in NMF (natural metal finish), seen here at Dübendorf
Beech C-45F B-6, mainly used for photo-mapping; this a/c later was operated with civil registration HB-GAI
North American AT-16 U-323 at Bern-Belpmoos Airfield - this aircraft has been restored and is flying with civil registration HB-RDN
North American (Noorduyn) AT-16 U-330 taxying at Dübendorf Airfield.
Dh-100 Vampire Mk. 6's on the flightline at Dübendorf airfield
Dh-100 Vampire Mk. 6 landing at Sion Airfield; the castle visible in the background is the famous "Tourbillon"
The first Pilatus P-2 trainer, A-101 - before delivery to the Swiss AF, this prototype carried civil registration HB-GAB
Pilatus P-2-05 trainers at Lodrino Airfield - this type incorporated some parts, especially the landing gear, from the liquidation of the Swiss AF Messerschmitt BF-109E fleet
© Martin Kyburz / Swiss Mustangs 2003 - 2020